Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune stackable washer/dryer. Today I put…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Neptune stackable washer/dryer. Today I put a load of wash in and when the cycle was completed and the dial had moved to the OFF position, it still kept filling with water until water started flowing out of the machine onto the floor in a giant flood and the only way to stop it was to shut the water supply off to the machine. Help! :)

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Neptune and I'm guessing it's 5 to 7 years old I'm not even sure

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if it's simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have no idea

3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The model number should be located on a sticker just inside the door way of the dryer. Can I get that model number please?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
MLG2000AWN
Phone call session started
I won't know anything until I try to replace the part you recommended, I did order it however so hopefully it's in sometime this coming week, thank you for your help as soon as I know anything I'll check back in here