Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool is leaving fabric softener on my clothes and is…

Customer Question
My whirlpool is leaving...

My whirlpool is leaving fabric softener on my clothes and is gooey

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in may,2015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I know what is causing problem; is it the softener i use (downey)or my tide with blue crystals

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Problem started with the detergent, but I thought it was the blue softener and i poured zep stain remover in the well to clean the cup that holds the softener

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech do you have the model number off the machine?