Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 1 yr old, top loading HE,low water washer, has suddenly…

Customer Question
My 1 yr old...

My 1 yr old, top loading HE,low water washer, has suddenly started leaving lighter blotches on my clothing. I use only tide HE pods, and in 3 loads both with fabric softner and without , i have 2 pair of slacks, 1 tee shirt and 1 pair of walking shorts ruined???

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Can you see the above message?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to know what is happening, it's an 11/2016 top loading High Efficency Low Water Washer, and is now leaving blotches on my clothes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has happened in the last 3 loads both with and without fabric softner. I haave 4 ruined garments.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 22 days ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the washer?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Have you heard of this problem before?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I will call if you can tell me you know what the problem is.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Are we still chatting?
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 22 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

I need the model number off the unit and yes we are chatting still

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
model WTW5000DWI
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
serial C64348649
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I don't want to pay for a phone call if you don't know what the problem is!

If it is leaving marks on the clothes that would typically be from a foreign substance in the machine. That machine does not use oil in a transmission or anything like that and the outer tub is just plastic so it would have to be something in the machine itself. You may want to remove the inner tub to check it and check the outer tub for anything that is in the machine. This would not be comng from the machine itself. Here is a video of how to remove the basket...CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician