Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE refrigerator Model # PYE22KSKBSS which seems to…

We have a GE...

We have a GE refrigerator Model # PYE22KSKBSS which seems to be freezing most of the products in the refrigerated chamber as well as the freezer. We cannot locate the temperature controller in the box. First does this model allow adjustment of the chamber temperature by the owner; or is there something wrong with the unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The unit was purchased with the new house which we bought 1.5 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is more involved no; if it is a simple customer fix then yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

3/28/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The upper fresh food section temperature thermistor is located under an oval shaped cover on the rear interior wall .

And yes the user can adjust the temperature.

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

to adjust the temps for the fresh food section press FRidge the current setting will be displayed and then release it and it will cycle thru available temperature settings.

And for freezer press and release the freezer button

This is also on page 8 in the use and care booklet .

Thank you very helpful

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech