Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE double door refrig and the frig side keeps

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE double door refrig and the frig side keeps freezing everything in it, I keep reset it to 0/37 and it keeps going back to 0/18.....I have turned it off for a day to see if the would have it go to the default setting and it keeps coming back to the frig side between 18-22....what can I do without calling a repair person because I do not have the funds?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I do not know I bought it 2nd hand but it worked fine for 5 months without this issue

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I wanted to try my hand at fixing it because I am currently unemployed and do not have the funds to spend on fixing it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The light bulbs have blown in the frig portion of the appliance but I have not had any problem on the freezer section

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help you. Look on inside of refrigerator section. Upper side wall or cabinet frame around door. See if you can locate mode#.