Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Start lever only gets a groan as if motor can't turn. This…

Customer Question
Start lever only gets...

Start lever only gets a groan as if motor can't turn

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is first time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine is about 20 years old. I have part dos if that would help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

DWXR473ET5WW

ok if you open the dryer door are you able to turn the drum by hand ?

The drum turns easily

ok so if the drum turns freely by hand but the motor will not start and groans .

I have to suspect that it is in fact getting voltage to run , but that you have a drive motor issue and it will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .