Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fridgidaire refrigeratory: serail number: BA

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Fridgidaire refrigeratory: serail number: BA 93414276. Model GLHT 186JS2. The problem is that the two light bulbs at he top of the fridge do not light when the door opens. I have tried replacing the bulbs, but doesnt' fix the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The fridge still cools, but I'd like to get he light back working. The light on the lower back wall of the fridge is still working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complicated it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of...what else do you need to know?

3/28/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK. Thanks.

If that is happening just unplug the unit and change out the light switch, that is the only thing that could cause that issue. See links below.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The fridge was purchased in 2009. You have my serial number and model number in my first communication.

Here is better video of how to do the job,..CLICK HERE

Thanks for your help!
How do we know the problem is the light switch when the bot***** *****ght on the back wall of the fridge functions just fine?
it goes on and off when the light switch lever is activated by the door...)
Thanks for your help - How do we know the problem is the light switch when the bot***** *****ght on the back wall of the fridge functions just fine?(and it goes on and off when the light switch lever is activated by the door...)Why would the light switch work for one and not the other?

So there is another light in the refrigerator working? If so the socket is bad for the ones that do not work sometimes you just have to unplug it and bend the lower tab in the soicket up to make the connection.

Thank you!

No problem

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician