Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I unplugged the range, changed the thermostat and plugged it…

Customer Question
I unplugged the range...

I unplugged the range, changed the thermostat and plugged it back in and the visuals do not work, the burners do. GE Model #JB705ST3SS

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years approx. Model #JB705ST3SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately sometimes something as simple as unplugging the range and plugging it back in can create enough of a spark to short out the display control board. There are no fuses or cut outs on this range that would stop the display from turning on so if the oven is definitely getting 220 volts (burners turn on), then the display board has failed and would need to be replaced. Make sure you didn't disconnect a wire to the display board when replacing the thermostat sensor, but otherwise you'd need to order and replace part number WB27T11351 which is about $150.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.