Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Refrig RF268AB. On the display I get a code…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Refrig RF268AB. On the display I get a code 88 / 8 with the last number blinking with top being 0 and the bottom just a flat line. I hjave pulled the refrig out and un pluged for over a minute but get the same code when I remove it. Any help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Give me a second

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model number isRF268ABRS and I think it is about four years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not sure this is related but we had a very brief power out/on. Probably only a second to come back on. Since we have had the refrig, we get these power issues several times a year and have not had a problem.

3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, what you're getting is an error code. Try to reset the error by pressing and holding the Energy Saver and Alarm button for 5 seconds together at the same time. If that doesn't work, please try to explain better what is flashing. It should be 88 / 86 or 88 88 with a segment missing. Which segment?

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I was able to reset, meaning the error code went away and the normal display is on. Could that be resetting after the brief power hit?

Yes, often times you'll get random errors from a power outage so if it reset then you should be good to go again! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I would like to talk with you. Thanks
Phone call session started