Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid fridge that I bought used and its been…

I have a KitchenAid fridge...
I have a KitchenAid fridge that I bought used and its been plugged in for a couple days. Its not getting cold. Whats wrong and how do I fix it? Model number KBFS25EWMS3
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent?

The compressor is warm and the fan next to it is running. Air is blowing inside as well. Just not cold

OK got it. If you're certain that the compressor is warm and the fan is running, you either have a freon leak, a restriction in the freon system, or a bad compressor. A restriction or leak could have occurred during transport, but you'll need a technician to check the freon pressure to know for sure which issue you have. This is a sealed system issue however and not something you can repair yourself because it requires a special license and torches and such to work on the sealed system. A freon leak would be about $350 to repair and a compressor would be about $650. That would be best and worst case scenario.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc