Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Took a load out of my dryer, put new one in, wont start.

Customer Question
Took a load out...

Took a load out of my dryer, put new one in, wont start. It's Epic modal, few years old. There is power to dryer. To start you have to push and hold start button, when I do I just hear a "click" sound from back of dryer and it won't start

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag Epic

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I really just want to know if this is fixable or pricey enough of a fix that buying a new one would be smarter

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm in a hurry lol

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you watch the display, will the dryer count down even though it's not running after you press the start button? Just watch for a couple minutes.