Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an amana washer machine NTW4605EW0 that is not

Customer Question
Hi i have an...

Hi i have an amana washer machine NTW4605EW0 that is not filling up to where is supposed to

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model NTW4605EW0 may be 5 years...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nop

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And you do realize that this is a low water usage unit correct and that the tub will only be approx just less then 1/3 full of water ?

what do you mean by a low water unit?..the machine will work properly at 1/3 full water?
thaks

this model is designated as a low water usage model the inner tub will only fill 1/3 of the basket when the electronic control senses it is full .

iIt also talks about this on page 3 in the models uas and care booklet .

Yes the manufactures now have to meet the New as of 2015 energy consumption laws which also includes water usage .

And yes per the washer and clothing manufactures the washer is able to properly clean clothes with only 1/3 rd of a tub of water .

If you do not have this model use and care booklet I can send you one in a PDF file if you need one .

Is your washer filling the inner basket up to approx 1/3 rd of a tub of water ?

And what cycle are you using ?

The deep water wash will add more water but it will NEVER fill the tub full of water . As it has to meet the new EPA laws to be sold in the U.S.

i have to check i'm not at home now.

ok no problem ,just reply back to me on this chat when you can .