Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just changed the water filter on my Gallery French door…

I just changed the...

I just changed the water filter on my Gallery French door refrigerator and now it has stopped making ice, Water is working and unit is on indicated by the front door panel

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

IDK what to say other than Gallery and it is approximately 3 years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what needs to be done

3/28/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And if you feel in the top of the ice maker in the cube cavities do you feel any water or ice in the cube cavities?

No water or ice
No water or ice in the cavities
If this is a big deal then I’ll need a technician

ok And when you changed the water filter did you turn OFF the ice maker first ?

No

ok ! it states in the use and care guide to turn the ice maker of first .

If while you have the filter out the ice maker cycle and calls for water it will not fill ,then it will not cycle to make cubes .

Also is the bail arm down on the ice maker itself ?

There is no bail arm on this model like my downstairs refrigerator

here is a parts break down of the model number that you have given me and the ice maker is item # 2 and it is showing clearly a bail arm .

https://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/1/372/00000334/680/900

And here is a image of the part number the manufacturer calls for it too shows a bail arm on the ice maker .

https://www.rcappliancepartsimages.com/dbImages/i/00004514/Ice-Maker-Assembly-243297606--01376497.jpg

It is stuck in the upright position and I cannot move it

ok so the arm up means the ice maker is stuck in a cycle .

And the ice maker cube tray is not moving at all is this correct?

On The actual tray I can physically move the rotator spiral

Ok so you have a bad icemaker and it will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

You also have a video showing how to replace the icemaker ,so you should not need a service tech to replace the ice maker using just basic hand tools .

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech