Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Gas rg. Model #SF365PEGQ OVEN DOES NOT KEEP RIGHT TEMP. THE…

Customer Question
Gas rg. Model #SF365PEGQ...

Gas rg. Model #SF365PEGQ OVEN DOES NOT KEEP RIGHT TEMP.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

THE MAKE IS A WHIRLPOOL AND HE MODEL#I SF365PEGQ i THINK IT IS ABOUT 15 YEAS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. WHAT WORK?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I UNDER STAND THAT THERE IS A WAY TO ADJUST THE OVEN TEMP??

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your oven still works but the temperature isn't correct it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $40.

CLICK HERE for igniter

One other thing to check first would be your oven sensor. The sensor should read 1080 ohms at room temperature. If not then replace the sensor. It's the 5" long metal rod coming out the back of your oven inside near the top of the oven cavity. Below is a link to that part as well.

CLICK HERE for oven sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.