Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking for instructions on how to test a turbidity sensor?

Customer Question
Looking for instructions on...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dishwasher is not cleaning dishes but water is filling and draining but does not seem to be cycling for spraying much

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool wdt720padm1, how do you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

there is no way to test the turbidity sensor !

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Is there a diagnostic test that can be run from the controls of the dishwasher?

1 To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby:

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

After the unit fills with water do you hear the water circulation pump running at all ?

The circulation runs for just a short time.

ok what do you mean for a short time .

20 minutes , 2 minutes ,10 seconds ?

10 seconds

and it never cycles back on ?

no, eventually it pumps the water out and yet the door has the soap still on it as it has not cycled or rinsed like it should

ok so if the circulation pump is coming on at all it is not an issue with the pump .

It has to be an issue with the control board that powers the circulation pump .

I recommend replacing the control board .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .