Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My heated dry is not working, mold is growing inside! It's…

Customer Question
My heated dry is...

My heated dry is not working, mold is growing inside!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's the dishwasher, W10536454 A, about 6 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I would like that option as well as a professional in my area that can repair option. I live in Edmond Oklahoma, 73013

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Degree of difficulty on self repair !?

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 22 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Do you ALWAYS run the hot water at the closest sink BEFORE you run the dishwasher?

And do you use a heated wash option?

And have you ever used a dishwasher cleaner in the unit ?

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame of the tank .

And W10536454A is not a model number.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Model WDF310PAAS2
Ser 24502098
I don't run water before wash, usually run on 'heated dry. I have a high temp option

ok if your not running the hot water before you turn the dishwasher on your filling the dishwasher with just room temperature water , which will no clean properly ! nor rinse properly ,and if your not selecting the high temp wash options the unit is not heating the water so YES you will have mold and mildew , the cold /warm water is not killing any bacteria .

And have you ever run a dishwasher cleaner thru the unit .

You did not answer that question!

now as for the heated dry not working .

At the end of the cycle are the dishes still wet ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the dishes are still wet, no I don't run cleaner through the unit

ok lets run the hot water before you run the dishwasher Just as it states to do in the use and care booklet !

Run a dishwasher cleaner thru it .

And select a high temp wash option with what ever cycle you choose.

I recommend a cleaner called AFFRESH you can purchase it at any store that sells dishwasher detergent and normally on the same isle.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks

No problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Master Tech