Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana big over range. Took off the door of the…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana big over range. Took off the door of the over to clean. i can't seem to get the hinge slot to catch and when I open the door all the way the hinges snap out of place.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Can't find model number. It is about 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How many inches open is the door at the first stop position.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

here is a video showing you where the model /serial number tag can be located .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjpLtMU-Zk

model number acf4225ab

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

when you have the door off did you have the door hinge pulled fully open and the swivel the hinge lock to hold the hinge fully open ?

No. If hinge is fully open will it lock in that position?

yes with it fully opened you have to swivel the lock lever so it stays fully locked .

So you will need to lay the door face down flat on a surface and with a pair of vice grips or channel locks grab the hinge and pull it fully open and then swivel the lock around .

Here is a video that may help you at the 1;20 second mark he is swiveling the locking tabs to lock the hinges .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2s5EG5GiM&t=80s

look at the video and if you have any questions just let me know .