Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Cabrio whirlpool washer, when i turn it on to start…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Cabrio whirlpool washer, when i turn it on to start the cycle it acts like it’s going to start and then within a couple minutes the end cycle light comes on and it acts like it’s done. But doesn’t even fill with water. I’ve tried changing the cycles and none of the cycles will work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe two months. And model wtw8500dc0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can then I will. I got it from Lowe’s used, they said the people that had bought it prior changed their mind and didn’t want to spend that much money on it. So it’s warranty is gone.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help you. I want you to run a calibration cycle. If this does not help, unplug unit for five min to reset board. If neither takes care of it, you will need new control. Click pic.
Let me know how what happens.
The instructions are for the “touch screen”? It doesn’t actuallly have buttons
Ok I figured that part out I just wasn’t going fast enough, codes e5 and f7 are flashing
Sorry for the delay. Spin tub by hand. Does it spin freely?
You will want to replace shift actuator. Be right back.
Ok
Scratch that. Breakdown does not match tech sheet. Let me look at something.
Start a cycle. Does run move before it errors out?
I just started the load, The agitator is spinning. But No water is coming out.
Should I have something in the washer?
It just shut off
Tub.
Sorry about confusion. I have the correct tech sheet now. Start the cycle. See if tub moves before the error code comes up.
The middle part does start spinning, the outside tub it’s self acts like it wants to start moving but does not.
Ok. Have a shifter problem, not actuator. The shifter is located under the motor. You will need to unplug unit and tip back. Remove bolt in center of motor. Pull motor straight down and off.
Ok just a second, that bolt is on there so tight
I can’t get it. I’m going to have to wait until someone can come get that off
Yea no problem.
Can you see clutch wires with motor still in place?
I can See some wires on both sides of the motor, (two) one white one blue and on the other side there about 5 or more multi color wires
I believe the ones to the clutch are black and orange. Probably have to take off motor to get to them.
You can unplug unit for 5 min and plug back in, sometimes the control will reset. Put probably the clutch is bad.
I tried leaving it unplugged but I will definitely try it again.
Okay.
Hello, I was working with someone a couple weeks ago and was trying to get a bolt off the washer i finally got it off. Do I need to go through everything again or my information is saved?