Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag washer Maxima MCT ecoconserve is acting funny, it…

Customer Question
My Maytag washer Maxima...

My Maytag washer Maxima MCT ecoconserve is acting funny, it would not start washing after selecting the wash cycle and the start button, then wait for the add garment flash. Then after a short while the light will go out.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I could not find the model number in the front. This is a front loading commercial type, about 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can try if it is straighforward, or I can get help, or if it is time for a new washer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the average life spsn ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
After I turned on the power key and selected the wash cycle and pressed the start key, the add garment sign would show, and about 15 seconds later the start key light would go off and then the power key light too.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?