Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I tried to self clean the bottom oven of my theramador

I tried to self...

I tried to self clean the bottom oven of my theramador double oven and it locked and beeped and won’t start the self clean cycle. The door is still locked even though I turned it off

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I can’t unplug it it’s plug is behind a built in cabinet. I turned off fuse and turned it back on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want to figure out how I can u lock it

3/28/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Did it start to heat at all?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No - self cleaning wouldn’t start and oven door is still locked even after turning it off

ok ​do you have a cancel button on the unit? If so can you try holding the cancel button in for 3 seconds? Also if that doesn't work or doesn't happen can you turn off the breaker for 5 minutes to see if that cancels the setting?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Tried the breaker already no cancel button

ok do you happen to have a wire hanger? If so we need to create a hook out of it and slide it in on the right side of the opening of the door and slide it gently over to the left. This should release the door lock itself with no damage.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok let me try that
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok great it’s open
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Now should I retry to self clean ?

good ok so lets try it again and see what happens.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Does it matter that that hook that was holding it locked doesn’t go back in?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Not working still to self clean

if​ the lock is not locking then it sounds like the problem is when you tried to start it the door lock may have broken. If it does not lock securely self clean will not happen.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No it is locking securely
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
But since I hooked it the lock hook is sticking straight out. Door still locks. Oven won’t turn on at all

Is the control panel buttons lighting up or doing anything? Maybe try the breaker off thing again and see if that works.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Yeah I think the issue is with the lock
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It kicks no matter what . Turned off breaker .. still not working

ok ​so sadly it seems like the lock is going to need to be replaced.

C​an you get me the model number of the oven on the inside of the door to see if it can be ordered online

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I need it done tomorrow for a party I’m hosting . So I will call a local repair place. Thank you so much for your help

you are very welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman