Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge profile dryer, it wasn't getting very warm and…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a ge profile dryer, it wasn't getting very warm and drying slowly, I ordered new heating elements and replaced them, (I saw one was broken on the old set), now when i push the start button it pauses about 2 seconds goes click and nothing happens?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Dpsb620ec2ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i am a electrician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It ran fine before , just didn't get hot, now it doesn't turn, although drum rotates ok and belts are on,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you happen to have a multimeter? It sounds like when the element went bad it may have blown your thermal fuse. This is simple to test and replace if that is the case but testing is the best way to verify if its functioning or not.

y​ou have two one is the thermistor and the other is the thermostat This is the first one needing tested.

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a8b3i253d611673/Model-DPSB620EC2WW-GE-Dryer-Thermistor-Parts​

I ​never heard back from you wanted to check in to see if you were able to get down to the root cause of this issue?