Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a ge fridge and changed the heater element and now

Customer Question
Have a ge fridge...

Have a ge fridge and changed the heater element and now control panel does not show up as well as fan not running on interior lights

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GSL25JFTC Bs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just changed the heating element and defrosed and now now display and no noise any where just lights on in fridge

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Is it possible that you accidently knocked a wire lose on the control board? If not are you sure the element you replaced it with was the correct one? If not it may have blown the control board.

the first time i put it in was put in backwards but still hooked up the same any i installed it the right way no and still nothing
I could tomorrow kinda late tonight i could call you tomorrrow if its ok
in the evening

sorry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me. So when you installed it backwards did you try turning it on and found that out?