Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer fills but will not wash. after time passes then it…

Customer Question
Washer fills but will...

Washer fills but will not wash. after time passes then it will drains and spins. acts like the agitation doesn't happen.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool top load washer with an agitator. 110WTW4800XQ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know. we are 65 to 100 miles to a tech.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It seems to work except it won't wash. we loaded it and it filled with water. it sat for about as long as it takes to wash then it drained out and spins dry.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/28/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

You may have a problem with the drive system on the bottom of the transmission.

Tip the washer up against the wall so you can get down under it . Remove the plastic motor shield that covers the belt and drive pulley.

here is a picture of the parts I am describing.

click error for picture

Look at the pulley #13 on the illustration.

It should be tight with no wobble.

Let me know what you find

Don

Here is another picture of the bottom of the washer.

click here

Don"t forget to rate my help if you have all you need, otherwise just ask me

Don

Were you able to check out the drive pulley?

Don