Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

IHAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MVWC416FWO the pump is

IHAVE A MAYTAG WASHER...

IHAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MVWC416FWO the pump is constantly running and nothing else will work . Have the unit unplugged now so the pump won't run. Less than a year old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought the unit last year. I thought the model # was all you needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly depending on the repair needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How much would it cost to have a technician come to check on the unit?

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Do you have any suggestions on what to try?

3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The issue you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can be caused by low water pressure or too many clothes inside the washer. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 20 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Do not unplug the washer during this process or the timer will restart. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and you should be good to go. If after 20 minutes it continues to run the drain pump, call warranty at 1.***-***-**** because you have a failed control board that they will need to replace.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

We will try that, but the lid is not locked and no lights are on the control board.

Understood, the washer still thinks it's in flood mode so just leave it plugged in for 20 minutes and see if it exits. If not, then your control board is bad and you'd need to call warranty to have the board replaced since it's less than a year old.

Have it plugged in now.

OK great. Nothing to do but just wait 20 minutes now.

Only took 10 minutes. Pump stopped, controls and lights now work. Water runs in. Thank you so much!!

Awesome! Glad I could help and you have a great rest of the evening.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc