Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm having a problem with my Whirlpool washer. About 2 years…

I'm having a problem...

I'm having a problem with my Whirlpool washer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 years old. let me lookup the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need to know what's wrong. It's frozen with the door locked and clothes in it the only model number i can find is Duet Steam. There is no tag anywhere on the washer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it's plugged in, the door locked just blinks fast. The washer will not turn on or off. it keeps filling with water and draining. but I can't get it to come on.

It started with an error code. F09 followed by E01 but I'm not certain.
The drain pipe seems to be draining now. but the washer won't turn on. when plugged it, the door lock just blinks fast and I can't get the washer to do anything. On it's own it fills and drains.
I've unplugged it for 5 minutes. When i plug it back it, it runs... i can hear a motor of some sort running but nothing is happening and no lights are on the display. turning the dials, pressing the buttons do nothing. It is locked with clothes in it.
Is anyone there?
3/28/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The issue you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can be caused by low water pressure or too many clothes inside the washer. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 20 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Do not unplug the washer during this process or the timer will restart. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you Tyler! Really appreciate your assistance! The washer just restarted. I'm running a drain/spin cycle.

No problem. If you need anything else just let me know.