Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE stackable washer/drier gets stuck on the fill cycle.

Wash light starts to blink...
My GE stackable washer/drier gets stuck on the fill cycle. Wash light starts to blink. Can reset it by running spin only cycle. Problem is getting worse.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Could you please give me the model number off of the machine?

GUD24ESSJ0WW
When I say “stuck on fill cycle” I mean that no water accumulated in washer. Unit eventually stops trying to fill. Once I reset it by running spin cycle unit seems to work properly for several loads before problem returns.

that's the part you need. how far down is the drain hose in the drain pipe?

Thank you!

is should be about 6 inches and no more that that

It was shoved pretty far down in there. Pulled it out a bit and heard it drain.

you just did that and it drained?

I heard water drain out of the tube or pass through the trap. Not sure which one. But it was shoved down there probably at least 2 feet.
If that doesn’t help I’ll order the part.

thats way to much.. it throws the machine into stall and confuses the sensors and control board.. I hope that's all it was

Perfect! Thanks Ray.

I hope I was a help to you. I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me.. Good luck to you and take care.

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Will do!

Thanks