Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool Accubake oven and the display no longer…

Hi...We have a Whirlpool...

Hi...We have a Whirlpool Accubake oven and the display no longer illuminates Do you have any suggestions? The oven works we just cant red the display

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 5 years old and is a double oven and I am relaying the information via my wife at home while I am out on business travel...lol

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model # RBD275PRB00

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe I can fix it if I knew what to doi

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the display doesn't illuminate or it's dim and hard to read, it means that your capacitors on the display board are going out of range. This is not something you can just reset or fix easily. The entire display control board would have to be replaced. The part number is ***** and it costs about $250.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If you're handy you can replace the part yourself. The board itself is just plug and play. Getting to the board can be difficult if you don't know how however. Open the lower door and remove the screws going into the left and right side trim. Pull the left and right side trim down and forward to take it off. This will expose 2 screws one on the left and right side of the control panel. Remove the screws and remove the control panel. This will allow you to access the back side of the control board. Then you can unscrew the board from the panel and replace it.