Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore 3 speed washer (about 17 years old) that…

We have a Kenmore...

We have a Kenmore 3 speed washer (about 17 years old) that has served us well. But today the spin cycle is not working and it is not draining.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #110.20722991 looks like it is 17 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy! (so probably not)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would be good to know if it possible to drain the machine manually so we can get the current load out

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the timer stop just before the drain and spin or does it count down to the end and just not drain or spin?

The timer stops

OK that's what I figured. That means that your lid switch has failed. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace it as well as a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for lid switch

CLICK HERE for video

The only way to manually drain the machine would be to bypass the lid switch which means putting a jumper wire between the 2 outside wires that go to the lid switch. If you don't know what I'm talking about I can't really elaborate since it's dangerous to do and not something they'll allow me to discuss being as a lid switch is a safety device.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks, ***** ***** helpful