Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a maytag range, the heating elements and oven just…

Customer Question
We have a maytag...

We have a maytag range, the heating elements and oven just stopped working. Need help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model # is JES9800AAW Serial # is###-##-####E

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a fuse or breaker in the appliance?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

No the unit does NOT have an internal fuse or breaker.

Do you have a display on the control board / clock ?

it is still working

ok so do you mean the the cooktop and oven burners do not heat up even thou they look like you have them turned on ?

that is it exactly

And if so , Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

and have you turned off the circuit breaker and turned it back on and then tried to use any of the burners .

we turned the power off then back on, and yes we have an electrical tester

ok and after you turned it off and back on you still have the same issue correct?

ok you will need to pull the range out and test the voltage to the oven where the cord attaches to the range .

I suspect your not getting the correct voltage to the unit or you have a loose / burnt electrical connection on the range .

Test the Black to White for 120 volts A/C the Red to the White for 120 volts A/C and the Red to the Black for 240 volts A/C

If you do not get those reading then you have a house electrical issue not an oven range issue .

We have the correct voltage at the plug therefore can we conclude that the problem is in the range?
the electrical is OK so then it is the range?