Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher will program but after a minute or so turns off.

Customer Question
Dishwasher will program but...

Dishwasher will program but after a minute or so turns off. Doesn’t start the cycle at all. How can I reprogram it?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaid Model number KDTE334DSS0, serial number F50533823

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, If there is a way just to program the computer panel

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If you select a Cancel /Drain will the unit run the drain mode ?

No. None of the function start. The lights light up, but turn off after a minute.

ok good info !

Does it seem as the door is closing properly?

And Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Door is closing. And , no volt meter.

ok lets open the dishwasher door and on the top of the tank you will see the silver door strike , let`s tweak it down just a bit and then close the door and see if it will start or not .

I `m suspecting the issue is with the door switch if the control board does not see the door as closed it of course will not start and after a short time it will just turn the unit off

No. That didn’t work.
That is exactly what it’s doing,

ok then if moving the door strike did not make a difference ,I have to suspect the door switch itself has failed .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

This parts link also has a video showing how to replace the part .

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you!

anytime.