Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have been having problems with my GE oven not working. I…

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been having problems with my GE oven not working. I contacted someone in January and was told to replace the wall oven temperature sensor, which I did - and my oven worked for a while. However, I was using it the other day and it suddenly stopped working again. Not sure what the next step is

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** and the serial number is ***** I'm not sure how old it is, since the oven was here when we bought our house in 2014, but I think it's from 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of - thank you.

3/28/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Does it power on or just not heating?

I can turn it on; the clock and timer works and I hear a fan blowing, but the coils don't heat up - just get cold air blowing through the vents

the bake and broil both doesn't work? Were you in the middle of using it when this happened or you turned it on and wouldn't heat?

I was in the middle of baking loaves of bread and when I went to switch the loaves around, I noticed it was losing heat...Turned it off and then immediately turned it back on and it had gone from 425 to 285...Now I can't even get it to heat up

is it giving you an error code?

No, just the temperature control doesn't go beyond 100 degrees.

that control is faulty

the part I sent you is it

are you going to repair it yourself?

Okay, thanks. I will order the part and have it replaced.
I have a friend who is a kitchen mechanic. He suspected that this was the issue, but told me to contact someone first to make sure. Thank you!

You are very welcome and hope I was a help to you.. I would deeply appreciate it if you could rate me. Luck luck and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician