Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool double oven reports the following: J06 r:18 E43,

Whirlpool double oven reports...

Whirlpool double oven reports the following: J06 r:18 E43, and oven lights will not go out, What is wrong please?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The oven is about 6 years old...and I'm sorry but the model number is ***** smeared that I can't make it out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible Would a picture help you?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all the info I have I'm afraid

3/27/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Hello Woody. I just sent three photos: one of the wall oven, one taken of the model (which is rubbed off so badly that I couldn't identify the model, and one of the error code. Do you have those photos?

ok the second is the model serial tag I make it out to be

these are NOT error codes J06 r:18 E4 this is the electronic control board software version .

Have you unplugged the unit or turned off the circuit breakers for 5 minutes to try asd REBOOT the control board ?

If not let`s do that at this time please.

There is no power switch on the unit. I will cut power from the circuit breaker in the basement and let you know what happens when I power all back up

no problem !

I cut power for 5 min. When I reapplied, the display showed "PF". I still have the original problem: oven lights will not go out, and when Oven Light button is pressed, I get two beeps.
I just found paperwork. Model is one of the following: RBD277, RBS277, RBD307, RBS307. Also, I just noticed the upper oven is warm

ok Pf of course is for power failure.

And if you open the oven doors and push in on the door switch plunger for both oven will the oven lights then go out ?

I did that and both oven lights went out. When I released them, the lights came back on

ok and when you close each oven door do the door seem to close properly ?

Both doors close properly
Oh no! I just double checked and the lower door is NOT closing properly. That appears to be the problem. When I push the door completely closed, the light goes out. However, still no reason for the top open to be warm (slightly warm)
Now I see that the hinges are bent on the lower door, preventing the door from completely closing. And when the door is open, it leans at a lower angle than the top door. Seems like someone will have to come out to make this repair?

the door not closing fully turns the lights on .Remember the easy bake ovens ? and what was their heat source ,, a light bulb ,that is why the upper oven is warm , the lower over is not warm because the door is open just enough for the heat to be removed .

If you fully open the lower oven door does it stop at 90 Degrees or does it hang down a bit ?

ok let me look up a few parts info for you !

I think you called it right. The door goes farther than 90 degrees. And yes, the light is what is making them warm What now?

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
Right door hinge .

------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Left door hinge.

I`m going to TRY and find a video on replacing the door hinges for you now .

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

ok here is a video showing how to replace the door hinges .

Take plenty of photo as you take the door apart to refer back to .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2s5EG5GiM

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

This is extremely helpful. One thing that I noticed: the hinge appears to connect to frames in the door itself. Both frames appear to be bent in such a way that the hinge won't allow the door to close completely. That bottom door frames are bent much more than the top. Almost as if someone sat on the door when it was open. Will those frames need to be replaced as well?
Or could it be the frames and not the hinge?

it is possible the the oven hinge receivers will also need to be replaced . here is a link for them also , just give me a few minutes to look them up for you

right receiver ------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

left receiver ------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

I do not vide a video on replacing these .

Excellent. Thank you so much!

Anytime .

Master Tech