Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a whirlpool all fridge unit. Model #: EL88TRRWS 01.

Have a whirlpool all fridge...
Have a whirlpool all fridge unit. Model #: EL88TRRWS 01. Runs good except Water leaks out from under it about once a week. No freezer. Any ideas?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over or clogged and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your refrigerator and remove the lower back panel inside the refrigerator section. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.

Other than that, if you remove everything out of the refrigerator and remove the lower back panel inside the refrigerator and pour water down the drain and it's not clogged, either the drain pan below the refrigerator is overfilling, or the bottom of your door is leaking. If the door is leaking, you'll need to get perma gum and plug all holes into the door at the bottom because it's letting moisture into the door and causing condensation build up.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

How do stop pan overfilling ?

The pan over fills if the door is being opened too much, the refrigerator is overloaded, or the door seal is not sealing properly allowing air into the refrigerator. Check the door seal and make sure the door seals up tightly and other than that all you can do is make sure you're not overloading the unit, not opening the door to much, or leaving the door cracked open.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc