Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool building oven Model# RB100PXK. The lower…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool building oven Model# ***** The lower burner unit works fine, but when baking I don't think the top oven unit comes on. I have turned the broiler on and the unit get red and hot as it should. What do you think the problem is that when baking the top part of the food in not cooked has it has in the past.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # is RB100PXK and it is about15 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

HOPEFULLY

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The top element doesn't come on at all when baking. That is literally the definitional difference between baking and broiling. On bake, the heat comes from the bottom of the oven. On broil, heat comes from the top of the oven. If the top of the food isn't cooking quick enough, then either the oven isn't being preheated well enough, or air is escaping out the door. Preheat the oven for 30 minutes to make sure everything evens out and if you still have problems, either your door seal is going bad and needs to be replaced, or the hinges are getting weak and not pulling the door tight enough to seal properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.