Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Sub Zero refrigerator won't quit running even though I…

My Sub Zero refrigerator...

My Sub Zero refrigerator won't quit running even though I have the temp at 45. It is super super cold in the frig! I have vacuumed the coils and it is clean on top. don't know what the issue could be???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes, it is around 19 years old. I will look for the model number, hold on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model 632 yes, would love to fix myself with help of my husband

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is the only issue

3/27/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

okay, let me know if you have any question
are you there??

Yes, I'm here I'm just pulling up documents for your model. Sorry about the delay it just takes time. There isn't a lot that can cause the refrigerator to get TOO cold. Either the thermostat inside the refrigerator section isn't reading properly, or the main control board above your refrigerator has failed and has a stuck contact so it's constantly running. Those are the only 2 options. The thermistor is part number(###) ###-####and it's only $40 or so, so I'd replace that part first.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The thermistor is mounted to the back wall of the refrigerator. You'll need to pull all the shelves out and unscrew the back panels inside the refrigerator. You'll see a radiator where all the cold air is created near the bottom. Above that is the little sensor with 2 blue wires going to it.

well, i guess that makes sense. but not all that helpful :/ not worth $36 i am sorry to say

I'm not sure what you mean. I obviously can't control what fails any more than you can. If I were at your house it would cost you $120 to have me out there to tell you the exact same thing because that's what a trip charge costs.

Your extra information was helpful. Thanks. I will rate tiu
You

I do wish you only the best. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thsnks

No problem and good luck.