Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need technical help finding out what part of my dishwasher…

Customer Question
I need technical help...

I need technical help finding out what part of my dishwasher needs to be replaced can you help

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool wdf510payb2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband will if we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A couple of weeks ago my dishwasher started to not drain completly after a load i would have to press drain/cancel button to get rest of water to drain then yesterday it stopped working the buttons light up but nothing happens

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
how long does it usually take to get a response
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Do you mean the entire dishwasher has stopped working or that the drain pump has stopped working ?

both actually at first it was just the drain pump and we cleaned it and made sure it wasn't clogged then it would work after a load was finished water ws still in the bottom and i would have to press drain/cancel and it would empty but now today it wont do anything the buttons light up and lets me think its going to work but nothing happens
i already paid the $35 i dont want to pay another $24 for a phone call

ok the poor draining I suspect is a worn drain pump impeller .

And for the not running issue .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

ok you will need to open the door and remove the top four screws and the two on each side from the top down.

You need to test the door switch on the P9 connection test the P9-6 to the P9-5 both violet colored wires with the door switch pressed in you should have continuity and without it pressed it should have no continuity.

sorry i have unexpected circumcance come up this will have to wait can I finish this later

Just copy and past the questions URL address to your favorites and reply back when you can!