Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fridgidare affinity front load washer will not reset to…

My fridgidare affinity front...

My fridgidare affinity front load washer will not reset to factory settings

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model fafw4011lw0

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you please retrieve and post any store error codes?

READING ERROR CODES:

1. Wake the washer by pressing any button.

2. Wait 5 seconds.

3. Press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously.

As long as the buttons are held, the failure code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. The control will beep.

Ef2

Is that the only one?

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Ok
Are we still connected

The ef2 error means that there is an issue with the pressure switch. The code is displayed when too much soap is used and the suds cause an issue with the way the air moves through the pressure switch. Unplug the washing machine. The video at the link below shows how the pressure switch is accessed. There is a very small hose attached to it. Remove that hose and blow through it (the hose). If air passes easily and no change after putting back together, the switch is likely faulty.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Would that cause other features not to work. Such as auto temp staying on cold water clean

It can, yes, because the control will be in a "safe mode" because it sees an issue with the water level in the tub. Does it still do a wash cycle now but with its own settings? I was under the impression that it will not allow you to start a cycle.....

Are you there?

Yes, I replied. It is copied below now, too....

27 Mar 2018, 9:20 AM

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thank you very much. I will rate you now
it washes but now spin only cycle won't work. It does a rinse cycle instead

Thank you!

Are we connected

Yes, I am still here.

It does other Cycles the Auto Temp feature does not work and now spin only does not work

Okay, so if it does some cycles, then it is not the pressure switch but the main control. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Could that also be from the pressure switch malfunction

If it will still do some cycles, it is not the pressure switch. The main board is accessed the same way, by removing the top. All connections simply unplug and plug in.

CLICK HERE

Thank you!!

You are very welcome, thank you!