Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ignition clicker is on constantly on all burners even…

Customer Question
The ignition clicker is...

The ignition clicker is on constantly on all burners even when the stove is not on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We are worried if it’s safe or not Over 2 hrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am okay for a technician to come visit too

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I live in Cupertino

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Hello, if the burner ignitors are clicking when you power it on that means that one of the burner switches is stuck in the closed position. On each burner shaft under the knobs there is a rotary switch that when you turn the burner knob the switch gets turned and closes sending 120 volts to the spark module. When the module is activated ALL BURNERS spark so that is normal by design. Now what happens over time grease and food get under the knobs and into the switches causing one to stay closed as if you have that burner turned to the on position. Then when you plug it in everything starts clicking. You would have to take the cooktop apart to get to those switches. On that unit it is a job to do as you have to separate the top from the base to get at them and change out the bad one. You may want a tech to come out and do it depending on you skill level, but it is totally worth fixing. The switches range from $40-100 depending on if your model is sold as a set or individually.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.