Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool washer WTW4950XW2 only flashes sensing light. It…

Whirlpool washer WTW4950XW2 only flashes...
Whirlpool washer WTW4950XW2 only flashes sensing light. It makes a few squeaking sounds and attempts to spin, but nothing else.
3/27/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok

Can you tip the unit up against the wall and check the belt and pulley under the guard to see if anything is binding on it?

I already did. It spins free
It won't drain either

OK it sounds like something is jammed in the pump. You would need to drain the unit wither with a shop vac by sucking it out of the end of the drain hose then getting the pump out and checking it for blockages. See video link below.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I've already removed the pump and housing. The pump turns free, and I applied 120v to pump, and it runs fine.

Ok

You need to get the last stored error out of the machine. Follow these directions carefully.

1. Make sure the unit is off no lights on anything.

2. Rotate the dial quickly counterclockwise a few full turns stopping at 12 oclock

3. Turn the Dial and GO SLOWLY and STEADY

3 clicks forward(Clockwise)

1 clicks back (Counterclockwise)

1 click forward.(Clockwise)

All lights should light up if done correctly.If not start it over and remember go SLOW and STEADY between clicks count 1 Mississippi between clicks.

Once they do all light then you want to rotate the dial forward(clockwise) until DONE only is lit. Once that is lit, press Start then rotate the dial 1 click forward and tell me what is flashing and the pattern. I need to know the exact lights that are on in order from LEFT to right.....you can post them like this......X00XXX then flashes 000XX for the pattern. THERE ARE TWO PATTERNS I NEED BOTH.

2(rinse,spin) then 4(sensing, rinse, spin, done)
00XX0, X0XX0
X is the lit up

one sec checking

x0xxx I mean for 2nd

That indicates a motor fault as one of the windings is reading open. Most often this is a main board failure though. You can check the motor windisngs they should read 5-0 ohms between any two and doubel across the outside two wires. If they are good replace the main board....CLICK HERE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
It's the motor. Thanks. I already replaced the control board. The start button wasn't working correctly once, so I tested it with the original board. Will a motor cause it not to fill also though?

Yes if the motor does not work it will not fill.

I found a used motor to try out on the washer. It still does the same thing and makes the same noises, and won't fill. What else could cause this?

Have you replaced the shift actuator?

Not yet. I will though

That would be the only thing left there is nothing else.