Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does my dryer shut off about 30 min after i set it for…

Why does my dryer...

Why does my dryer shut off about 30 min after i set it for 99 min then i have to reset the timer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 14 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I change the heating a year ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the unit? Also does it do that on a Timed dry mode too?

here is the mod 98001q0 ser(###) ###-####to answer your question yes

That model is not valid what is the make?

Maytag front loader dryer

OK get the model off the tag on the top of the console or off the tag on the frame when the door is open. It should start with letters

mod med9800tqo ser mw1309613

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition.

i did that
I did that same thing happens

OK replace the main interface board part number(###) ###-####they have discontinued the part though as they had issues with that board for that issue. Here is one on EBAY you can buy to fix that issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician