Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My oven lights then goes out as soon as the igniter quits,

My oven lights then...

My oven lights then goes out as soon as the igniter quits

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wfg361lvb about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/27/2018
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Will the oven ignite or does it just click 3x and shut off?

The oven light is control through the computer board, so I can't see the relationship from the gas igniter to the lamp. Both are run by separate computer boards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It will light then go out

,

The oven has to light within 2 secs or the range will lockout the burner control

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No the interior light is ok just the oven burner will light then goes out

Do you have the oven base panel off so you can see the burner?

The the flame on the burner actually get established?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
but only for a couple seconds

The igniter communicates with the spark controller board and has to sense that the flame is established to stop the sparking and keep the gas valve open.

There may be a problem with the igniter or the board.

Does the broiler work?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it does

Do you have a volt meter to do s test on the gas valve?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I do

click here test

Let me know what results you get.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Can you tell me how to do a a test

Set you meter to the OHM setting and take the probes and touch them together.

The readout should be zero 0

If it doesnst you don"t have it set correctly.

Then access the valve, Unplug the wires off the valve and test across each terminal.

B - C

C - D

D - B

All reading should be about 216 ohms

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Lower solenoid is 210 top one 205

There is a problem with the valve. All the readings have to be the same.

Do you want me to look up the part number for the valve for you?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
That would be great

Do you have any other questions for me or are we good?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No Down I sure thank you for your help

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician