Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool diet starts runs about 5 seconds shuts…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool diet starts runs about 5 seconds shuts off will turn it self on about 3 minutes later and shut down again . Timer seems to keep running . Kinda lost between is it the motor or control board

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years 4 years old , model is Model is WED9151YW0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am a handy man trying to fix it for someone else

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope I think that’s it tried the door latch the moisture sensor

3/27/2018
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is***** it shut off after you release the start button? It is does then the run winding in the motor is shorted out.

It starts after you push the start button runs 3 seconds dies then will kick back on a few minutes later and do the same thing

Yes that sounds like the motor.

Ok thanks

you are welcome

Melissa Martin
Quick response it was the issue we discussed thanks

Thank you so much