Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have May tag dishwasher keeps leaking on bottom front thru…

Customer Question
Have May tag dishwasher keeps...
Have May tag dishwasher keeps leaking on bottom front thru float pin. Have replace float and ohm checked micro switch for water shut off. Module #MDB4709PAM1 . Still ships thru a little
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I ran the dishwasher again and it still leaks like it's getting too much water
Still waiting for an answer! !!!!!
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue is not likely a fill problem but an issue with the way the water is spraying. Have you noticed the top rack dishes not cleaning well?

Ah, a very common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If the water recirculation pressure is low, the spray arm flow skims the water and pushes it over the tub edge or over the float tube. The chopper area is likely plugged and preventing the full water flow required. The video at the link below shows how to access the filter and chopper area for inspection and cleaning. I suspect that will just need to be cleaned out. Let me know what you find!

CLICK HERE

Have checked the filter screen before it was clear. I will check again and pull it out. We do have very hard water here.

The filter where the chopper is, number 8 at the link below? It must be disassembled to access that area.

CLICK HERE

I was down to the chopper blade

Okay, so if that is the case then the wash impeller is likely loose on the motor shaft. I would check that chipper again, though, just to be sure.

Could it be clogged behind the blade area. Also it has a pretty long drenoain link that goes to the disposal. Could it be getting clogged not draining fast enough

No, it would not be clogged behind it but if the wash impeller is loose on the splined motor shaft, the wash pressure will be quite low, just as if that chopper was plugged.

Ok will check. Will have to get back later. Thanks for the help. Oh it only drips a little

It sure sounds recirculation related. Let me know what you find! :)

Ok got down to chopper blade. Screen is not plugged. Chopper blade is connected into motor shafts. But where it goes thru screen it is able to move . Is this ok . It can move up and down. Is the plastic bushing in the screen supposed to be oblong?
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
It shouldn't be oblong but there should be some movement. Can you post a picture?
will have to get into it again. Seams like leak is getting worse. Will try today

It sounds to me like the motor impeller is loose and not running as it should.

Have viewed the video on the chopper blade and screen it is the same as a new one with play on screen hole where shafts comes thru. The shaft is coupled to motor shaft so what next

I will see if another may have an idea.

Still waiting on your next ideal. And still paying for the service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still waiting on an answer