Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

If you were going to replace a washing machine control board

If you were going to replace a washing machine control board on YOUR OWN WASHER, would you you choose a refurbished one for $100, or a new one for $242?
This is specifically for a Whirlpool Cambrio WTW5700XW0.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

As long as you purchase a refurbished one from someone reliable like PartsSimple.com or Core Centric Solutions or some other place that allows returns for up to 6 months / 1 year, then I wouldn't have a problem buying a refurbished one at all if they have one in stock. If you're buying a refurbished one from a place like Ebay, then I would probably buy new.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have replaced control board W10296019 on this washer with a refurb board from Partsimple.
The replacement has the same board # above.
Problem is, when i attempt the reset sequence included with the part, i end up with “55”displayed, rather than the desired “00”.
Any hints as to what i may be doing wrong?

I'm really not sure what to say. W10393444 is the upgraded part to W10296019, but you shouldn't even need to go through a reset sequence. You just plug it in and it should work. If that isn't the case, then why are you replacing the board in the first place exactly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I agreewith that sentiment. But the included instruction sheet says “machine must be recalibrated when replacing this part”. Sounds like i am safe just trying to run it.

Yes, you should just need to run it. As far as calibrating it, here is the sequence.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “b” through “g” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

g. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. And all the LEDs should light up or flash if you did it correctly. Turn the knob clockwise one click at a time until just the "RINSE" LED is illuminated. Push START.