Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bottom freezer french door kenmore fridge model…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a bottom freezer french door kenmore fridge model number 596.78533802 put main board in back and put touch pad and board on door i need to reprogram it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 to 7 to 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes im a tech but cant find how to reprogram it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how to reprogram it plz

3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled (Up/Down arrows). LL is lower left (freezer down button). UR is upper right (refrigerator up temp button), LR is lower right (refrigerator down temp button).

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Half a second later Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Keep holding the 2 keypads for 2 seconds then release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad. Now release the LL keypad.

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode no OOOO after it). If it doesn't show just PE then you have to re-try steps 1-4 again.

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- Find the program code (4 digit code number is ***** on the model sticker near the ceiling inside the refrigerator). Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. Now just open the doors for 15 seconds and then close them and the display should be back to normal. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happens try again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc