Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KA model KBSN608EPA00 refrigerator freezer (built…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a KA model KBSN608EPA00 refrigerator freezer (built in). When I went to replace my water filter, I noticed that the old filter did not seem to be full (usually they are a little heavy). And when I placed a new filter into the bottom, the eject button did not move at all. It seems to be non functional.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

I provided the make (KA Kitchenaid) and model # above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I never had this problem with the prior built in Kitchenaid we had in California - easy to replace the filter, and the eject button always worked

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 25 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the refrigerator is less than a year old, call warranty at 1.***-***-****. Otherwise, the filter receptacle on your refrigerator has failed or possibly was never working so the filter won't clip in properly. The filter housing with receptacle will need to be replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for filter receptacle

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc