Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a built in oven model ME301JP/04. The power went off…

I have a built...

I have a built in oven model ME301JP/04. The power went off for about three hours. When it came back on the probe icon showed in the display and I can not get it to disappear. I turned off the breaker, turned it back on and the icon is still there. I can not operate my oven as long as it is there. Any ideas how I can get rid of it? Seems a little odd that I have had to reset the time and date several times also since the power went off also. Thanks...chris

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It is built into my island, I saw how hard it was to put it in. Not sure I can get it out and back.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it not a simple task, probably not.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should I have a Thermidorian repair person come out?

3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The probe icon means that your oven thinks the meat probe is installed. Clearly it's not, but unfortunately the power outage shorted the control board or confused it. Flip the breaker off to your oven for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the main control board would need to be replaced because the power outage shorted it out I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc