Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My oven will not do anything. Nothing When I turn it on a…

My oven will not...

My oven will not do anything. Nothing When I turn it on a get a code but that is all. The code is F3EO

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Whirlpool electric self cleaning is all I know about it. It was bought in January of 2005

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I will have to have my son do it. He told me to look it up and see what I could find out about it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F3E0 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc