Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher purchased in 2013. The top…

I have a kitchen...

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher purchased in 2013. The top spinner is not working and I need to clean the filter. It is not cleaning well, which I think has to do with dirty filter. Thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years old, model # W10502127A. Might be 6A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I own a construction company and I am very capable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it Im told the filters may be the main problem

3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The number you have listed is a part number. Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Stand by I can get

ok

Model kuds30fxbl8
Serial #F24201294

This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE for video

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

You have done a great job and I will write you with a number five I will go online later to pull up this information and attempt the repair thank you!

No problem and good luck!

Rate you

?

I will request you again how do I rate you

there should be stars at the top or bottom of the screen to select

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc