Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a small GE microwave model JES1072... Our electricity…

Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a small GE microwave model JES1072... Our electricity went out and I cannot get the microwave to work. I have unplugged it and replugged back in to no avail. help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just purchased in December. model: JES1072

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to know how to troubleshoot this appliance.

3/26/2018
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Anything working - light inside oven , the display ?

The display also says PF. I assume for power failure.

OK , that means the fuse is good inside the microwave. Try unplugging the microwave , wait 5 minutes , plug back in and when PF comes up , hit CANCEL and then see if you can set the time and get the microwave to cook.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Ok.trying tbis now.
SUCCESS!!!!!
THANK YOU!